Points of Pride
- 6th graders take an international trip to France for 2 1/2 weeks. They stay with host families and learn everything about an average French family’s lifestyle. In addition, the last three days are spent sightseeing in Paris. La Tour Eiffel, Arc de Triomphe, and lots and lots of macarons!
- 7th graders host French exchange students for two weeks.
- 8th graders travel to New Orleans for a week-long service-learning project.
2019-2020: Important Dates
- Application opens on December 3
- Submit your application by March 1
- Receive an offer on March 7
- Let AL know you’re coming by March 22 and begin enrollment*
*Note: If they do not have space, you may choose to remain on their waitlist.
Students must live within the KCPS boundaries.
Note that students without prior French experience are only accepted in Kindergarten and 1st grade.
To apply please visit www.schoolappkc.org.
Academie Lafayette is one of 16 Kansas City charter schools working together to simplify their initial application process into one easy 8-question form, SchoolAppKC, that you can fill out on any electronic device.
Additional Information: Académie Lafayette offers a total French immersion program. The regular school curriculum is taught entirely in French.
School Info Last Updated: November 15, 2018