Points of Pride
- #1 End of Course (EOC) Algebra 1 scores in the district
- Partnership with UMKC whereby our 8th grade students earn 3 world language credits upon successful completion of coursework and assessments
- Annual capstone field trip to Puerto Rico to immerse students in the language and culture of Puerto Rico
Foreign Language Academy is a KCPS signature school. Students must live within the KCPS Boundary and be five years of age by August 1 to enroll in kindergarten.
Applications for the 2018-2019 school year will be accepted online starting at 6:00 a.m. on Friday, December 1. Applications can be submitted online OR at the Board of Education building located at 2901 Troost Ave., Kansas City, MO 64109. Applications CANNOT be submitted at the schools. Space will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
Additionally, students must complete:
1. English Language Proficiency Exam: Students must score within one grade level of their expected proficiency
2. Target Language Proficiency Exam: After the first grade, students must demonstrate language proficiency in either Spanish or Mandarin to enter this program
3. Behavior Record Review: Students must have 3 or fewer
School Info Last Updated: November 19, 2017