Cristo Rey Kansas City
Cristo Rey Kansas City provides a Catholic, college and career prep education enhanced by an innovative corporate work study program to culturally diverse, ambitious students with economic need.
Points of Pride
- Advanced Placement
- College Prep
- Culturally Centered
- Visual Arts
- Vocal Music
- Basketball (Boys)
- Basketball (Girls)
- Cheerleading (Girls)
- Cross Country (Boys)
- Cross Country (Girls)
- Soccer (Boys)
- Soccer (Girls)
- Track and Field (Boys)
- Track and Field (Girls)
- Volleyball (Girls)
Clubs & Activities
- Chess Club
- National Honor Society
- Peer Counseling
- Student Government
- College Advising
- Dental Services
- Health Clinic
- Learning Support Specialists
- School Breakfast
- School Counselor
- School Lunch
- School Nurse
- Uniform Closet
- Vision Services
- Evening Family Events
- Parent-Community Association
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
Although many schools have application deadlines, most continue to accept applications for available seats on an ongoing basis.
How to Apply
To be a member of the Cristo Rey Network, schools must provide a high quality, Catholic college and career preparatory education to students with economic need.
Who is eligible to attend?
– qualifies for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program
– reaches 14th birthday before September 1
– wants to work and is employable
– finishes all steps in the admissions process
What academic forms and documents are needed for an application?
– Application for Admission (provided with the application packet)
– Recommendation (provided with the application packet)
– Personal Recommendation (provided with the application packet)
– 7th and 8th grade report cards (9th grade report card, if applying for 10th grade)
– Standardized test scores
What vital records are needed for an application?
– copy of birth certificate
What health records are needed for an application?
– Health History Form (provided with the application packet)
– copy of health and immunization records
What is needed to determine financial eligibility?
– Cristo Rey will help you complete a Private School Aid Service Form (PSAS).
– Copy of 2020 1040/1040A income tax statement for the parent or guardian responsible for tuition. Make sure to attach all schedules.
– Copy of 2020 W2s for parent or guardian.
– Documentation for any SSI, food stamps, child support, worker’s compensation, or welfare for 2020
Please set up an appointment to receive an application packet by contacting the Admissions Office at 816.595-2805 or 816.595-2806 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed application
- Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization Record or Religious Exemption Statement
- Most recent report card/transcript (not required for kindergarten applicants)
Public schools also require:
- Proof of Address (also called “Proof of Residency”)
- Parent or guardian photo ID