Crossroads Charter Schools prepare and inspire students to build a better tomorrow by providing an academically rigorous K-12 education in a creative, collaborative, community-focused environment.
Points of Pride
- Crossroads Charter Schools was named the 2017 MCPSA Charter School of the Year.
- Crossroads Preparatory Academy uses the downtown community as an extension of the classroom. Students use the streetcar to visit local businesses and museums for learning expeditions.
- All scholars participate in Career Academy, a course designed to expose students to multiple career areas, discover talents and strengths, and practice skills necessary to excel in the workforce and in postsecondary learning.
- School Hours: 7:30 am - 2:45 pm
- Before Care Hours Start: No Before Care available.
- After Care Hours End: No After Care available
- Year Established: 2017
- Total Enrollment: 246
- Affiliation: Charter
- University of Central Missouri - Warrensburg
- Tuition: NO Tuition
Receive Special Ed Services
English Language Learners
Programs and Features
- Advanced Placement
- College Prep
- Drama + Theater
- Visual Arts
- Basketball (Boys)
- Basketball (Girls)
- Cheerleading (Girls)
- Cross Country (Boys)
- Cross Country (Girls)
- Soccer (Boys)
- Soccer (Girls)
- Track and Field (Boys)
- Track and Field (Girls)
- Volleyball (Girls)
Clubs + Activities
- Student Government
- Evening Family Events
- Parent Communication App
- Parent-Teacher Association
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
Although many schools have application deadlines, most continue to accept applications for available seats on an ongoing basis.
- Application Open: November 9, 2019
- Application Close: March 2, 2020
- Offer Date: March 4, 2020
- Decision Date: March 27, 2020
- Residence: Students must live within the KCPS boundaries. Priority is given to those who live or work within the Greater Downtown Area (State Line to Prospect, Missouri River to 39th St.), but all are welcome and encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Crossroads Preparatory Academy is one of 16 Kansas City charter schools working together to simplify their initial application process into one easy 8-question form – SchoolAppKC – that you can fill out on any electronic device.
Note: If Crossroads Preparatory Academy does not have space, you may choose to remain on their waiting list.
Standardized Test Results
Why It Matters
Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) tests are scored (or graded) according to four achievement levels: Below Basic, Basic, Proficient, and Advanced. The number shown here is the percentage of students who scored Proficient or Advanced. When comparing scores between years, please remember that the test Missouri gives has changed several times.
Please note that private schools are not required to participate in these exams.
In 2019, the average English score in Missouri was 48.7%; the average Math score was 41.9%, source
Attendance Rate 90/90
Why It Matters
Schools strive for students to have at least 90% of their students have 90% attendance because kids learn best when they’re IN school.
In 2019, 87.3% of Missouri students were in attendance at least 90% of the time, source.