KIPP Endeavor Academy is part of a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory charter schools with a track record of preparing students in educationally underserved communities for success in college and in life. KIPP Endeavor Academy in Kansas City has created a powerful, urgent, learning and teaching environment that helps each student and adult to be their best self every day.
Points of Pride
- Last year, KIPP students outperformed the local district by 10% in reading and math.
- Typically, students enter KIPP two to three grade levels behind in reading and math but make impressive gains during their time at our school. After just one semester at KIPP, our students demonstrated average growth of more than a year in math and almost a year and a half in Language according to the NWEA assessment.
- After one year of implementing the Guided Reading LLI system in grades 5-8, our results indicate that students demonstrate more growth when they receive instruction at their level. In the first 6 weeks of our school year, 19 students grew more than one year on the Fountas & Pinnell Text Level Gradient.
- School Hours: 8:15 am - 4:15 pm
- Before Care Hours Start: 7:00 am
- After Care Hours End: 5:30 pm
- Year Established: 2007
- Total Enrollment: 548
- Specialized Focus: College Prep
- Affiliation: KCPS-Neighborhood
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Tuition: NO Tuition
Receive Special Ed Services
English Language Learners
Programs and Features
- College Prep
- Basketball (Boys)
- Basketball (Girls)
- Cheerleading (Girls)
- Soccer (Boys)
- Soccer (Girls)
- Track and Field (Boys)
- Track and Field (Girls)
- Volleyball (Girls)
Clubs + Activities
- Student Government
- Evening Family Events
Although many schools have application deadlines, most continue to accept applications for available seats on an ongoing basis.
- Application Open: November 9, 2019
- Application Close: March 2, 2020
- Kindergarten Cutoff: September 1, 2019
- Offer Date: March 4, 2020
- Decision Date: March 22, 2019
- Residence: Students must live within the KCPS boundaries.
How to Apply
KIPP Endeavor is one of 16 Kansas City charter schools working together to simplify their initial application process into one easy 8-question form – SchoolAppKC – that you can fill out on any electronic device.
*Note: If KIPP does not have space, you may choose to remain on their waiting list.
Standardized Test Results
Why It Matters
Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) tests are scored (or graded) according to four achievement levels: Below Basic, Basic, Proficient, and Advanced. The number shown here is the percentage of students who scored Proficient or Advanced. When comparing scores between years, please remember that the test Missouri gives has changed several times.
Please note that private schools are not required to participate in these exams.
In 2018, the average English score in Missouri was 49.2%; the average Math score was 42.1%, source
Attendance Rate 90/90
Why It Matters
Schools strive for students to have at least 90% of their students have 90% attendance because kids learn best when they’re IN school.
In 2018, 87.5% of Missouri students were in attendance at least 90% of the time, source.
Third Grade Reading Scores
Why It Matters
Third grade is the important time when kids switch from learning to read to reading to learn and is an important benchmark for a student’s educational development.
In 2018, the average 3rd grade reading score in Missouri was 48.6%, source
Missouri Annual Performance Report (APR)
Why It Matters
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) creates a “grade” called the Annual Performance Report (APR) for each public school. It is made up of five variables: General Academic Achievement + Subgroup Achievement* + College and Career Readiness + Attendance + Graduation Rate (where applicable).
* Subgroup Achievement: A school shows improvement in performance for students in identified subgroups, including free/reduced price lunch, racial/ethnic background, English language learners, and students with disabilities.
Dawn Scott, 6th and 8th grade parent
I am very honored to write this parent testimonial for KIPP: KC! My 2 kippster’s have been at Kipp since the 2016-2017 school year. I was so amazed and happy with the care, concern and dedication to help students learn and grow. Teachers, staff and the principal are always patient. They use positive words and give hugs every time I enter the doors. Teachers and staff sometimes give rides to students to make sure they can get to school to receive their education. There is a washer and dryer to make sure every child can have a clean uniform.
I see teachers at the school even on Saturday and before and after school to help students keep up on their education. My family went through a tough time and they stepped up to help and even volunteered to watch my kids if I needed it. Since being at KIPP my boys have excelled so much in reading and writing! They come home happy and excited to go back to school each day. I am a very involved parent.
I like that the teachers are available after school, until 9 pm if needed, for questions and help with homework. If I have any questions or concerns, many of the staff members and teachers openly communicate with me on the phone, which is something I really appreciate. It’s wonderful as a parent to know that when my boys enter those Kipp doors, I don’t have to stress or worry because I know they’ll be well taken care of. They encourage parent involvement and also openly listen to ways where they can improve.
At KIPP, there are many sports programs for the kippsters to participate in. Thanks to Kipp, my son was accepted to one of the #1 high schools in Kansas City! Once a kippster, always a kippster. The KIPP: KC alum are given support through high school and college. This school has so much to offer and I am so blessed to have found Kipp Endeavor Academy.
KIPP: Endeavor Academy offers off-site Pre-K at St. Mark Center. To enroll, families must qualify for free and reduced lunch. The application opens on November 9, 2019 and the deadline to apply is March 2, 2020. Families will be notified of their acceptance or waitlist status on March 4, 2020. If you qualify for and receive a spot, you will be guaranteed a kindergarten spot at KIPP: Endeavor Academy.
About St. Mark Center
Points of Pride
- NAEYC-accredited comprehensive approach to the family
- Special curriculum-integrated art activities
- Open year-round
- School Hours: 6:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Days Open: M, Tu, W, Th, F
- Before Care Hours Start: 6:30 am
- After Care Hours End: No After Care available
- Total Enrollment: 102
- Specialized Focus: Arts Intensive
- Tuition Amount: Mostly income-based