AboutOrganized in 1966, the preschool is sponsored by Ward Parkway Presbyterian Church. The school utilizes Constructivist theory, based on the idea that children learn best, and are more excited about learning when they are actively involved in constructing their own knowledge through interacting with the physical and social world as they understand it.
Points of Pride
- We provide high quality, early childhood education in every developmental area.
- We provide many opportunities to question, wonder, discover, explore, and discuss experiences.
- We provide a learning environment that is rich in Christian heritage.
- School Hours: 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
- Days Open: M, Tu, W, Th
- Before Care Hours Start: 8:00 am
- After Care Hours End: No After Care available
- Total Enrollment: 110
- Specialized Focus: Constructivist
- Tuition Amount: $135/month - $540/month
Although many schools have application deadlines, most continue to accept applications for available seats on an ongoing basis.
- Application Open: February 11, 2019
- Application Close: February 12, 2019
How to Apply
All forms needed for enrollment may be downloaded and printed off. Please print and fill out one complete set of forms for each child you are enrolling. The health form that needs a doctor’s signature may be turned in at a later time, but MUST be turned in before the ’19-’20 school year begins.
Completely fill out your forms (including zip codes, area codes and 2 emergency contacts) and bring them to the Preschool Office with May ’20 tuition and $125 enrollment fee during the enrollment period. (When figuring your May ’20 tuition, please figure it based on your first choice option.) The enrollment period for families NEW to Ward Parkway Preschool will be from Monday, February 11th at 9:00 a.m. through Tuesday, February 12th at 2:30pm. Please remember the enrollment is NOT based on “first-come, first-serve”, so please just walk in your enrollment at a time that is convenient for you during the enrollment period.
Please mark a first and second classroom/schedule choice for each child you are enrolling. Our hope is that ALL families will be granted their first choice. However, in the event that there are too many children wanting to enroll in a specific class/schedule, priority will be given based on the following guidelines:
- Priority will be given if you are enrolling siblings in the program and are trying to coordinate days and schedules.
A “blind drawing” will be held if there are multiple families wanting the same class schedule.
Contact Kim Manford or Leslie Bullington: 816-361-2201.