AboutSt. Mark Center is a program of United Inner City Services and is Head Start affiliated. Poverty guidelines are used to determine eligibility. It annually serves more than 100 very low and low-income families.
Points of Pride
- NAEYC-accreditedComprehensive approach to the family
- Special curriculum-integrated art activities
- Open year-round
- School Hours: 6:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Days Open: M, Tu, W, Th, F
- Before Care Hours Start: 6:30 am
- After Care Hours End: No After Care available
- Total Enrollment: 102
- Specialized Focus: Arts Intensive
- Tuition Amount: Mostly income-based
Although many schools have application deadlines, most continue to accept applications for available seats on an ongoing basis.
- Application Open: February 25, 2020
How to Apply
As a collaborative Head Start facility, students whose families qualify for the Head Start program receive assistance through the Missouri Department of Social Services Child Care Assistance Program, which pays the full or partial enrollment cost, or a combination.
Children from birth to age five may be eligible for Head Start and Early Head Start services if at least one of the following apply to their situation:
- family has incomes below poverty guidelines which are adjusted for families of different sizes and issued each year in the Federal Register by the Department of Health and Human Services
- family is homeless
- family is receiving public assistance such as TANF or SSI
- the child is in foster care; foster children are eligible regardless of the foster family’s income.
Due to high demand, St. Mark Center currently has a waiting list. To be placed on our enrollment waiting list, please complete the form here and one of our family advocates will contact you regarding the waiting list process. Families will be notified by phone regarding enrollment availability.